Do I have 2 do water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weemanpow3

Aquarium Advice Freak
My water has been evaportaing so much and every 2 days I have 2 put 2 to 2 1/2 gallons of water in the tank and My saltlevels and all my testings on the water are right where their soposed 2 be. Should I still do water changes. I havent changed water a month so far. Everything is doing great, Corals are spreading fast, fish and shimp happy as they can be.

please tell my what I should do.

You should always to do regular water changes. The frequency will vary from tank to tank. 10-15% bi-weekly or 20% monthly is a good guide. Doing water changes help replenish depleted trace elements, major elements and buffers. It is just good aquarium practice.

lando said:
Doing water changes help replenish depleted trace elements, major elements and buffers. It is just good aquarium practice.

I do weekly PWC`s for this reason. This is a good practice and will help to keep your tank from crashing.

weemanpow3 said:
Everything is doing great, Corals are spreading fast, fish and shimp happy as they can be.

Yes, but this will not last if you don't perform periodic water changes. Some nuisance algaes will begin to be seen, you may get some cyanobacteria, and nitrates will begin to creep up.

Good luck!

I agree, I used to do mine onece a month, but I do about 20% every 3 weeks, in my 55G.

Back
Top Bottom