do I have room for a sand sifting Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finatic

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have seen people talking about how the Gobies keep their sand turned over and looking nice and got me to thinking I might want one.

Do you think I might have room for one in a 55gal with this fish stock list?
1 Coral Beauty (Not Bothering any corals)
1 False Perc
1 Neon Goby
1 Orange Tail Damsel

The rest of my inverst and corals are on "My Profile"

I can see the argument that I might be pushing it with my bio-load already, but I wanted to get the guru consensus.

NH4 is at 0
NO2 is at 0
NO3 is at 5 (Would say b/w 5 -10 to be safe)
with current bio-load.

20% weekly PWC's (prolly going to dial back to 10%)

Thanks in advance.

You definitely have room for one. Make sure it`s a sifter and not a shrimp goby. I have one that for years I went by what my LFS said, a Dragon Goby and fluff let me know it was a bullet goby. He sifts all day long.

img_721150_0_5b2ea1d8cc7ae7194073f7bee92f71fb.jpg

Are there any small sand sifter gobies? The smallest I have seen are max sizes around 5 inches.

For your setup you could go with a Diamond who will sift all day, or if you really want something small, I like the Rainfordi gobies... although I don't know if they sift enough for a 55gal.

LOL how do you tell when a fish is lonely? Great, I'll see if my LFS can order one for me. Hopefully one will do okay in a 55gal, would hate to have to get rid of one of the other guys to accommodate another goby.

Then again, maybe if I can figure out he's lonely, I can keep up the 20% PWC's and go for a second one and keep all the other guys.

Back
Top Bottom