Do I have the setup to keep a mushroom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leafyseadragon

Aquarium Advice Freak
The LFS seems unable to order the fish I want, so now I am considering getting them on-line.

I noticed that places like LiveAquaria have a flat shipping rate for the amount of money I am willing to spend. I figure I can order other things on top of the fish and still pay the same amount for shipping. I would like to add a mushroom to my tank, here's my setup:

6 month old 37 gallon FOWLR, 6 hermits, one peppermint shrimp, one false percula clown. Lighting is a 65W PC made by CSL. BakPak 2R skimmer, water changes done with RO.

Is this enough light? If it is, can anyone recommend a specific type that is easy to keep? LiveAquaria lists red/violet/purple, red, spotted, striped, green as easy and moderate. I assume some on this list are easy, and some are moderate. Which ones are which?

I think just about all mushrooms would do fine in that lighting.

Good luck Dewey

You are on the right track, when it comes to ordering livestock on-line I order several things at a time to save money. Mushrooms should do just fine in your tank. You may need to place them up high closer to the light. You may also want to try a small polyp colony placed high in your aquarium for a variety. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom