Do I have to dismantle??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calvin

Aquarium Advice Regular
I spent the weekend setting all my LR and lace rock in just the right way. Left plenty of little hiding places for the gang. Unfortunately, I'm now missing one of my newly added fire fish. I'm hoping that he is just relaxing under a rock but I've got a feeling he may have perished. If he has passed on, do I need to dismantle the rock to retrieve? If I leave his body in the tank, will it harm the delicate ecosystem?

Calvin

If you have a clean up crew, hell just the stuff that came on the LR, it is doubtful you would find anything anyway. Unless I could see the carcass and I could reach it, I'd let the critters do their job ;)

I've got 5 peppermint shring and a 1 or 2 small hermit crabs. should that be enough to despose of the remains?

firefish are small anyways and with all that shrimp and hermits, its barely a snack.
Hope your not planning to do a reef because pepperment shrimps have been known to eat polyps and other corals. they are fairly carniverous.

From my understanding is that peppermint shrimp are Reef safe however the almost Identical camel shrimp is not reef safe and is the one that eats the polyps and other corals..

HTH,
James

Back
Top Bottom