do i have to recycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pokmijn

Aquarium Advice Freak
if i was to take everything out but keep all the lr in saltwater then put in new water into the tank then reput the lr back in would it cause a cycle.

(if you guys now what im asking caused i confused my too)

lmao. If you're confused that doesn't give the rest of us much hope ;) No you wouldn't recycle because the bacteria resides on surfaces and not within the water column. Dare I ask, why do you want to replace all your water; hence, 100% water change?

lmao. If you're confused that doesn't give the rest of us much hope ;) No you wouldn't recycle because the bacteria resides on surfaces and not within the water column. Dare I ask, why do you want to replace all your water; hence, 100% water change?

because after my skimmer broke i had have many kinds of algea blooms except hair algea and the tank looks disgusting so i just want to start all over would this effect any of my corals.

I'm going to move this to the SW Reef Aquaria section, assuming you are talking about the 10G.....

Im asking about my 55 the 10 has to wait now because of this. and this time ill have pictures because i got a camera.

It will affect all inhabitants, but won't necessarily solve your problems either. You need to get at the root cause and work from there or you are just refueling the fire and possibly stressing your livestock.

How old are your lights?
How much/what/often are you feeding?
Have you tested your source water and then your pre-mixed SW?

How old are your lights?
How much/what/often are you feeding?
Have you tested your source water and then your pre-mixed SW?

My lights should be new cause i just bought it and i feed every other day and my water source is good(as in nitrite nitrate etc...is zero)

What do you feed and how much?
How long do you run your lights?
What is your substrate?
I know James is going to chime in on this, but what salt mix do you use?
I seemed to have algae issues with IO, I switched to RC and don't have problems....*ducks*

What do you feed and how much?
How long do you run your lights?
What is your substrate?
I know James is going to chime in on this, but what salt mix do you use?
I seemed to have algae issues with IO, I switched to RC and don't have problems....*ducks*

all i feed is mysis but i wash it before feeding i have 2inch of ls and 2 inch of crushed coral my light are on for 7 hours

i have to run to the store really quick i be back and hopefully someone have came up with a solution for me

all i feed is mysis but i wash it before feeding i have 2inch of ls and 2 inch of crushed coral my light are on for 7 hours

i have to run to the store really quick i be back and hopefully someone have came up with a solution for me

oh and i use oceanic

Do you vacuum the CC? That maybe a cause.

Do you mean like stir it up cause once in a long while i would stir it up but not much cause i dont usaully get anything down there up until this point where everywhere is thirty.

I'm not understanding the "everywhere is thirty".

I'm not understanding the "everywhere is thirty".

Ever since my skimmer broke thats when every started getting all kinds of algae except the hair algae...the glass is like green, red, and brown, and the ground is brown and green...and my lr are all brn with red but the red isn't cyno(spelling) because its not slimy and does not come off easily.

If this is a good idea im gonna move all my corals into my ten until i get everything back to normal and ill find somewhere to put my fish because the ten would be too small for them. I want to get this done with the less possible stress to the fish and corals.

Back
Top Bottom