Do i need a Canister anymore?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AMDPhenomX4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So as the MY Tanks shows i have a 40 gallon tank. I have a canister yet every time i open it, Theirs barely any discoloration to the filters. Should i keep it or should i just stick with the ton of LR and the Power Heads.

I'm actually considering the same thing. I think if you keep up with regular PWCs and have a good CUC, you might be good. I would wait for other's advice or experiences first....

I have a system and have been told by multiple sources that my live rock and protein skimmer are all I will need. I am going to try it this way. It makes sense. A filter sock or something on the feed from the tank to the sump will be sufficient to catch chunks of whatever to keep them from messing up your equipment.

Change the cannister filter media to a micron filter and use it as a water polisher and run it for a day or two after you do a PWC.

If you don't have a reason to get rid of it, then don't. It's free flow, a quick disconnect and you've got a QT filter, a place to run meds and Roka swears by them.. 3 outta 4 ain't bad !!

LOL, I do like all of those reasons! I guess I'll keep mine!

Back
Top Bottom