do i need to acclimate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach119

Aquarium Advice Activist
do i need to acclimate my new friends. i got 2 turbos one nassarius and a scarlet red hermit crab do i need to acclimate them?

thanx i figured that i have them acclimating right now with the drip method do i just double the water amount from the fish store or triple it?

No less than an hour depending on how fast your are dripping. Two hours would be better. I know that sounds like a long time but, it really is better for them to go slow.

ok i have succesfully acclimated my 2 turbos my 1 nessarius and 1 scarlet red legged hermit and there doing good except one turbo shot straight to the top of the tank and is just hanging out where the water stops at the the top of my tank whats up with that whats he doing?

when acclimating you need to check the SG of the LFS water and then drip slowly till the water in the bowl, bag matches your tank. If the LFS water is the same as yours then its a good idea to drip for a hour or so. Ph is a big factor with acclimation also. Like others have said slow is better.
I have a LFS that runs there tanks at around .017,.018 and my reef is .025 so I need to drip for a min of 2-3 hours on fish and inverts I get from him.

snails don't really have a capacity to 'think'...they just crawl around, endlessly searching for food.
he'll start moving around in a day or so.

everythigns moving around like crazy except the hermit hes just hanging out on the sand bottom hes not dead though cuz his eyes and stuff are out but hes been there all day. but the turbos never stop lol

Back
Top Bottom