Originally Posted by Sniperhank
Is the tank cycled? If not, when you are done with the rock you can toss it into the cycled tank without problem.
With that said, never boil rock. If there was a zoa or paly on that rock you can do awful things to include death when the toxin they produce becomes airborne.
When it comes to what you have on your hands, you will need to do several more water baths on the rock to ensure that all of the bleach is out of the rock itself.
Yes I have a cycled tank, what I read was that everything on the rock I killed would break down once in the tank and cause an ammonia and nitrite spike so that is my concern.
I know the palytoxin is a concern with certain corals, I have a FOWLR
set up right now so it wasn't something I needed to worry about but thanks for bringing it to my attention.
I do plan on bathing the rock plenty of times with prime to get rid of any trace of bleach before I even think about putting it near an aquarium.