Do I need to feed my inverts individually?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mmaglione

Aquarium Advice Regular
As i am setting up my tank piece by piece, feather duster, fish, anemone etc, i am finding out that you have to feed every individual invert / creature which is no supprise. But i am baffled by tanks that have so many clams, inverts, and a plethora of live stock! I was thinking , if you have to feed each individually, how do you possibly keep track of everything and feed everything correctly?!? the onyl way i could possibly even fatham doing this in a tank that is full, would be to keep a list of days that livestock / inverts should be fed and how. Is this as diffucult as i am thinking ? What do these large tanks do ?

not everything needs to be hand fed and certainly not daily. Most corals will get their nutrients from the lighting or from filter feeding. I rarely feed any of my corals...My clown fish actually feeds my anemone which i wish i could stop since the anemone is getting so large..too large for my small nano

also clean up crew should not need to be fed directly...their job is to clean up all the extra food that floats to the bottom and to eat the algae

Not every invert or coral needs to be fed indiviually. As a mater of fact most do not. For your corals all most need is good lighting and they`ll feed off the water column. I never target feed my corals or inverts.

Back
Top Bottom