Do serpent starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riley

Aquarium Advice Freak
At the moment I am being over ran by green hair algae.. 2 weeks of 14 hour days have left me no time for my aquarium.. I hired a fish store to do a water change last week and after what they did to my tank I won't even shop there anymore.. But to my question do serpeant starfish eat green hair algae??? I hope the picture attached will show just how many are in the algae.. And they are all over the other clumps if hair also.. Any ideas???

Attachments

• image-2816724429.jpg
    image-2816724429.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 102
What did they do to your tank?

Generally the serpent stars are carnivores however they might be hunting for pods living in the algae

When they did the water change they didn't bother turning on my lights so they were only going by the moonlights so they were kind of doing it blindly.. The water they brought over didn't match my SG like they said it would I run 1.027 and they dropped mine down to 1.023.. They also just dumped the buckets of water which made a huge void of sand and also knocked down 4 corals and 2 were upside down into the sand..

It just showed me that either that guy didn't care about coral or fish or he just wanted it done and over with.. It was $100.00 and I left a $20 tip for the guy since I wasn't home.. Not worth it

$120 for a water change? Good lord I am in the wrong line of work. Also, what a moron.

May seem daft question but why did ou pay someone 120 to do a water change? Do you do that for every water change?

No I do my own but work hours have been tiring and carrying 8 buckets of water up stairs to my tank after work wasn't gunna happen so that's why I called them

No I do my own but work hours have been tiring and carrying 8 buckets of water up stairs to my tank after work wasn't gunna happen so that's why I called them
Sounds like a RoDi unit needs to be in your future.

Have a 4 stage coralife fill up a 44 gl garbage can with heater and power head in it

Back
Top Bottom