Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-09-2004, 01:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
do the sand dance!

so yesterday, i went and bought some sand, i figured 20 pounds woulda made a ncie deep bed in my 30 gal, buti guess i was wrong, so ill have to get more, but unfortunatley, that was all the store had in stock, so now i gotta wait and hope more comes in soon, plus im think ill need at least 20- 30 more pounds to get like 3 -4 inch, right now its about an inch deep, also i was hoping it woulda settled over the six hours i was at work, but its still pretty cloudy in there, should i turn off power filter and the powerhead i have in there to help it settle, its been like a day now...

i like fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 01:52 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Sounds like 1" = 20lbs so you would need 40lbs more to do a 3" deep bed.

No need to turn things off. The sand will settle even with the PH's and filters running. When the sand does finally settle you may want to clean the filters and PH's out to remove any sand dust that might have collected in them.
Remember dont tap the glass, your fish will think you're an idiot -Anonymous mother

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com