Do toadstools split in the middle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont think so. Mine never did. If you want more of them you`lol need to frag them which is quite easy.

They do not. Cut a piece from the crown and attach to some rock and you have another one. It's best to cut a complete circle around the crown to frag them. Then you end up with lots of them. I finally gave my large one away (traded it) and have 3 frags left in my tank.

cmor, why is it not deemed a good thing to split them down the middle like you would other mushrooms?

Toadstool leathers are not mushrooms. No central 'mouth'. Fragging a mushroom in this manner will not work. Fragging a toadstool leather like a mushroom won't work. With the mushroom the frag will die, but the center will grow out again. With a toadstool leather, cuttign the crown around the stalk will cause the stalk to form a new crown. Cut it down the center and it will die (probably).
Besides, cutting the crown and then dicing that into pieces results in more frags.

Back
Top Bottom