do you epoxy your corals to rocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ive been getting frags and I just go a turbo snail. This snail seems to have a vendetta against my one FAV green zoa coral. Almost every morning he knocks it off the rock its on down to the substrate. Ive found it upside down like 4 times and Im worried hes going to kill it.

Do you guys epoxy your coral frags to the rocks? Ive debating because I wanted to avoid it in case I had to remove one if it died but now Im afraid if I DONT do it it will die.

Any suggestions. I REALLY dont want to move it from its place cause I really like where it it, just that the snail doesnt. Cant get rid of the snail either its SUCH a good cleaner.

I glue all mine

are you referring to glueing the actual coral? Perhaps I was actually unclear, sorry. I was referring to the peg the corals are already glued to. Its that thats getting knocked off, not the coral itself. Or do you glue the peg?
thanks

Nope the actual disk, I usually cut off the stem of the plug if it has one and then glue the plug to the rocks.

I hate the stupid epoxy, it has never seemed to work for me in the long run.

Nope the actual disk, I usually cut off the stem of the plug if it has one and then glue the plug to the rocks.

I hate the stupid epoxy, it has never seemed to work for me in the long run.

are you just using super glue

Yep. I put some of the gel on the rock/plug and dip it in some old tank water real quick. This helps it 'cure', which you can see as it will get cloudy. You can then easily stick it on where you want it.
There is a good video about epoxy and glue on bulkreefsupply's youtube channel.

Back
Top Bottom