Do you feed your corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neilanh

Sliced Bread
Perhaps this should be a poll, but how about just a discussion.

As my coral occupancy continues to increase, I start wondering if I should be considering any types of feeding for them. For fun, I do spot feed a few of them occassionally (just mysis), but otherwise nothing.

How many of you feed your corals? Either by direct feeding, or tank feeding (phyto, DTs, etc) and what's your routine look like.

What have been your results?

I dont feed my corals. They get what they need from the water column and lighting. Here are a few before and after pics.

attachment.php

018.jpg

attachment.php

100_0144-med.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I don't feed my corals either. DTs/Phyto is pretty much phosphates in a bottle. I used them a little some time back when I had scallops but not anymore.

My corals get what they need from lighting and regular water changes along with a 2 part supplement.

I figured that was going to be most of the answers I got, but wanted to see. I know the risks involved with feeding, but any experience with results?

i havent had my tank up very long... but i do feed my brain when it has its feeders out or its mouth open with mysid.

so thats been twice since ive got it...

-Brad

I've feed my RBTA a few time but I notice that it kind of burn itself out after it feeds and does not come back to normal til the next day. Also I notice after ingesting the food they spit it out after it has consumed whatever it can.... Hope that helps.... But lately I have not been feeding just folowing the guidelines of everyone else just letting it feed what ever it can get since it does manely live off of Photosethesias.... WOW I think I actually spelled that right....LOL

I feed mine about once a week. I spot feed Microvert or Coral Accel. I do a lot of propogation though, and i give them food kinda help them recover a little quicker. I seem to have great resultswith the food...the eat right away whe I feed, and since I do it only once a week, I have no water quality problems from the food. It's definitely better in moderation. Oh.... I typically only feed corals that don't rely solely on their own zooxanthellae, and actually do feed on food in the water column, lol.

I feed Rod's coral food once a week and spot feed my platygyra, Acans and Lobo with RN Oyster feast about once a week. I also feed my Rose Anemone a small chunk of silver side about 3 times every two weeks. If I don't he'll start moving and he'll kill corals.

Jason

Back
Top Bottom