Do your clowns eat pods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just put my two new clowns in my 29gallon. And the little one is going to town on the pods! Just curious if this was a normal meal for the clown fish or if mine is just really hungry.

Ill get pics of the fish soon. I have a new skunk cleaner shrimp also. Once the tank stablizes from these fish I plan on getting a purple firefish and a goby pistol combo. Everyone pray that I dont loose anyone.

I've got so many, a few hundred missing over time happens and I wouldn't notice. I've never witnessed it, but it's possible.

Right when the actinics come on at about 8:00 a.m., my fish go straight to the glass including both of my clowns and my tang. They pick off the lagging pods that dont retreat to the rock in time. Pretty fascinating behavior.

pufferman said:
Right when the actinics come on at about 8:00 a.m., my fish go straight to the glass including both of my clowns and my tang. They pick off the lagging pods that dont retreat to the rock in time. Pretty fascinating behavior.

LOL need video of that assult

i had some amphipods, and one of my clowns finished them off, the other wouldnt touch them, lol

Sorry to hear about his death. So sad when a fishy dies. Clowns are omnivores with a heavy emphesis on the carne- part. My clowns will eat anything I throw in my tank happily and if that included some pods then so be it! Think of them as being along the lines of really tiny mysis. My clowns love that too.

Back
Top Bottom