Does anybody keep a different wrasse with a sixline?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a sixline now and it's very well mannered. I would love to add some more color to my reef tank and love red head fairy wrasse.
My sixline is very well mannered, never picks on anybody.

What I usually do when I add new fish is remove the sixline to the the sump for a few weeks while the new arrival gets settled, then add him back in and everything's fine and dandy.
BUT, I know sixlines usually don't like wrasses at ALL. So I wanna know if this is a visible idea, or should I keep looking.

Stock
2xblack clowns
1x yellow eyed kole tang
1xsixline
1xcleaner shrimp

A lot of assorted corals

Should also add that this a 75g reef tank 3 years old, stats are perfect and can post them if need cause I did a full mark up of them yesterday

I'd say better safe than sorry and avoid other wrasses.

How about a coral beauty or bicolored angel for some color?

I like them but lots of coral and I'm looking at clams so you never know with those. I have softies,lps, and SPS so if I get a crazy one then it has a huge variety to devastate. I adore the flame, lemon peel and coral beauty but I'm worried about my coral.

But yeah, that's why I'm checking it out. If it's a lost cause then no big deal, I'm open to other suggestion. I just really don't want to risk my corals or shrimp.

most wrasses will get along with one another they will pretty much leave corals alone but wrasses will eat clams along with your snails and hermits they are like a delicacy for them .

dwarf angels the only 2 that I would consider coral safe is the coral beauty and bi color angels that's the blue and yellow one these 2 never touch any of my corals . I had a black and white a flame angel both always picked on the softies . I would probably take a chance on a lemon peel they seem a bit more mellow than most of the other dwarfs

Okay, so no more wrasses. I might need to rethink my stance of dwarf angels, hmm [emoji848]

Here are a few other fish that would fit in nicely in that size of a tank.

Flame Anthias:
Flame-Anthias-Pseudanthias-ignitis.jpg

Midas Blenny:
210_midasblennygeckopsu.jpg

So I've done a bit of reading and think I'm gonna do a trio of anthais. And feed my frozen food once a day and have dry food twice a day from a feeder

I have a sixline now and it's very well mannered. I would love to add some more color to my reef tank and love red head fairy wrasse.
My sixline is very well mannered, never picks on anybody.

What I usually do when I add new fish is remove the sixline to the the sump for a few weeks while the new arrival gets settled, then add him back in and everything's fine and dandy.
BUT, I know sixlines usually don't like wrasses at ALL. So I wanna know if this is a visible idea, or should I keep looking.

Stock
2xblack clowns
1x yellow eyed kole tang
1xsixline
1xcleaner shrimp

A lot of assorted corals

Should also add that this a 75g reef tank 3 years old, stats are perfect and can post them if need cause I did a full mark up of them yesterday

I just added a Christmas wrasse with my six line about two weeks ago and they are doing great. I saw a tank with about ten different wrasses and it was doing well.

What I saw a lot of the issues where that other wrasses where added after the sixline. I'm gonna try the red headed fairy wrasse, I've already caught my sixline and put him in "time out". Gonna go pick up a the male fairy tomorrow, if it doesn't work I can return it. So fingers crossdd

That didn't go to plan. I went to the store and they did have a koi wrasse, but it obviously had a spine deformity. I picked up a royal gramma and a diamond watchman instead

Back
Top Bottom