Does anyone dose iodine if so how much and how often

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dose iodine for xenia and inverts but since I started using it my mushrooms seem bigger as well I can't find a test for it but I was told a drop a day would be fine what do you dose

Jspires688 said:
I dose iodine for xenia and inverts but since I started using it my mushrooms seem bigger as well I can't find a test for it but I was told a drop a day would be fine what do you dose

id listen to mike on this his tanks been beautiful for 12 years he can certainly help and knows best

I read that it would help xenia spread and be good for the whole tank but it seems like everything there is to dose some people say do it and some say don't do you guys dose anything

I have not dosed anything for 13 yrs now. I get all I need from my PWC`s. Check out my tank if you want to see the results. Some folks dose calcium but I dont even need to do that using Oceanic salt.

Mike your tank looks awesome I hope mine gets to that point some day I change five gallons a week and use instant ocean salt is it good or should I switch

If it`s doing what you want I would not switch. I do know that if you are doing weekly or bi weekly PWC`s with IO then your iodine is OK. The only thing I would check is you calcium level. IO has been known for lower calcium levels.

Ok Thanks I bought some great corals off of a local reefer tonight and he suggested I switch to another brand salt mix that I can't seem to remember the name of but I know where to buy it I am going to do that and not use the iodine anymore he also told me I should one do water changes once a month thanks again for the advice

if you buy that test make sure you buy some distilled water or have a DI unit as you need it to run it

Back
Top Bottom