Does anyone have any experience with abalones or fuzzy chitons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdogg85

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone have any experience with abalones or fuzzy chitons. I have seen a few of each around the net but haven't really heard of anyone keeping them. I think they are neat and would like a couple. What would it take to keep either fed and happy, or are they better left in the ocean?

For the fuzzy chitons.. it's best if they live in a tank with lots of live rock. Lots. They will die if they have to travel on sand or if they are on the sand.

Interesting link. I find them in my tank every now and then. I have seen them on the discovery channel that were 12 feet long.

I have a chiton in my tank. It's grown quite a bit since I first spotted it. It came on the live rock as a hitchhiker. I didn't know that you could actually buy them.

i got an ablone as a hitchhicker, and he's awesome he just comes out at night and takes out a 4 x 4 inch of alge from my tank then goes to his hiding spot, the top of my tank by the filter inlet/outlet which is cool casue i can see him during that day normally there well hidden. but there easy to keep seems to me just make sure you have alge for them to eat and clean water also my LFS guy said that there about 15 bucks (in cali) and he would have to order them.

Back
Top Bottom