Does anyone know how to get ahold of the makes of greenex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silentrob21

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I really would like to know how to get ahold of the makers of greenex from a company i think is called aquatronics? I really need to get ahold of them, because the stuff has killed 4 of my fish recently, not to mention the others it has killed in the past. Please let me know asap if anyone has any info. Thanks.

I am very sorry for your losses. In looking for the info you requested I did come across simular scenerios like yours.

http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cach.../aquarium/greenex.htm+greenex+&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

This what about.com has to say about the product.
Greenex by Aquatronics is a combination of malachite green and quinine hydrochloride, and has given us excellent results in a couple of days. We generally treat for a five to six day period, following the product dosage instructions. Greenex is invert (meaning crustacean) safe and does not weaken or kill your biological filter base. When we have used Greenex in our invert tank, with some live rock in it, it does not seem to harm the live rock. However, we have had reports from some people that malachite green may harm certain corals, so it may not be completely reef safe. If you decide to treat your main tank, the down side of Greenex is that it will turn any silicone, air tubes or anything that it touches blue, except the fish. Once again, using a QT is a good idea. It is suggested to remove any delicate inverts or corals from the tank and place them in a separate aquarium.

I am sorry to say that I have looked for over 40min on google and can not find a hope page for aquatronics as a company. There are plenty of links about their products but most of those links are to retail stores. I take it there is no contact info on the package and you have contacted the place you purchased this product from with no resolve.

I use Greenx in my Q-tine tank. This did not kill your fish unless used improperly. I have also used this in my 55 gal reef tank before i knew not to add med's to my reef, all did fine. Why do you think this product is the cause? If you were using it, it would be safe to say that you were already having a problem. right?

I only used this product because my angel was developing white spots, and i wnted to rid them asap. I believe it was this product because its not the first time ive used it and some fish have died. maybe its just a bad batch, but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom