Does this lighting make sense??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefobsessed

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have two 250 watt 10k MH and a 120 gallon tank that is 48 long. I have a blue line bulb which was to purple/blue and I just got a new bulb that is to yellow. I have the sps and clams front high & center and the gagorian, sponges, feather on the far edges. To help tone both lights down I was thinking of putting the yellow in the back running horizonal and the blue in front of it running diagonally. Does that make sense to anyone but me? Or do you have a better idea?? TIA

Well I am no way going to put those drawing on the net... Boy no talent there.. It would be like a T the yellow running in the back or the top of the T and the blue running along the height of the T...The two over the center of my tank... I think the two will balance eathother out nicely if I can have a custom bracket made.

The only problem I can see is that you will have very high light levels in the center of the tank and it will be dim on the sides. MH lights will cover about 2' of tank. You will have about 10-12" on each end of the tank that will have much lower light levels than the center. There's nothing wrong with this if you like the way it looks.

Back
Top Bottom