Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Doesnt stay still

Another thing is that it doesn't attach to a rock and if I put the circulation pump it doesn't stick it just gets blown away and gets stuck on pump or on filter so I have it off for now!!

Old 11-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I know Anemones move until they find a spot they like so I guess trying to confine it may not work. At this point I would say leave the circulation pump off until he decides to put down roots, so to speak, and then turn it back on once he finds his spot.

The other thing you could try is to put a mesh bag, like one that you would use for carbon in a filter, and tie it around the circulating pump (as in put the bag over the pump and secure it). It will still allow the flow but the anemone won't be able to get itself stuck. Have you tried rotating the pump head so it isn't blowing directly on the anemone?

Old 11-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yes, I moved the circulation pointing to the top of the aquarium so the anemone does not get direct contact. Thank you for your advice to I will definitely do that.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

The anemone still seemed to move around even if it wasn't pointing at him directly.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Help | Midas Blenny »