Doesnt stay still

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelf

Aquarium Advice Regular
Another thing is that it doesn't attach to a rock and if I put the circulation pump it doesn't stick it just gets blown away and gets stuck on pump or on filter so I have it off for now!!

I know Anemones move until they find a spot they like so I guess trying to confine it may not work. At this point I would say leave the circulation pump off until he decides to put down roots, so to speak, and then turn it back on once he finds his spot.

The other thing you could try is to put a mesh bag, like one that you would use for carbon in a filter, and tie it around the circulating pump (as in put the bag over the pump and secure it). It will still allow the flow but the anemone won't be able to get itself stuck. Have you tried rotating the pump head so it isn't blowing directly on the anemone?

Yes, I moved the circulation pointing to the top of the aquarium so the anemone does not get direct contact. Thank you for your advice to I will definitely do that.

The anemone still seemed to move around even if it wasn't pointing at him directly.

Back
Top Bottom