Dog face puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They often hide and make their homes under overhangs or anything cave-like. They dont necessarily move rock as much as grind them with their large teeth.

Oh, okay. I have a few pieces of live rock that were knocked down from where they were. :)

What size tank? Virtually any fish is compatible with them except maybe some of the more vicious triggers and lionfish.

i have a 110. so fa there is a dog face puffer, a scopas tang, a fiji blue devil damsel and a humu triangle trigger. Im thinking about adding a miniatus grouper, a pink sqaurespot anthias, a harlequin tuskfish, and/or a lunar wrasse.

The grouper will get too large and eventually eat your damsel, anthias, and small wrasses. Active fish (if not including the grouper) would be chromis, fairy/possum wrasses, clownfish, angelfish, rabbitfish, dottybacks, and candy or redstripe hogfish...just examples. Anthias are fine, but I'd get at least 4 small females (anthias can be mixed depending on species). The harlequuin tuskfish is very nice and docile, but might decimate all invertebrates (shrimps, crabs, snails, etc)...they are worth it. I personally prefer smaller wrasse species since med-large wrasses such as lunar wrasses limit future livestock.

Back
Top Bottom