Dog hair a threat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CEverii

Aquarium Advice Freak
Always been wondering this. I have a golden retriever and he sheds like crazy. Considering I have an open top tank and an open top sump next to my tank, any chance that dog hair can do some damage? Hasn't so far, been good for the past 6 months *knocks on wood*

I also have a golden retriever.. :)

I wouldn't worry too much about it.. but definitely try to scoop as much of it out as you can. I think it also depends on what kind of products you use when you give your dog a bath.. and probably how recent it was. Personally though, just to be safe, i would try and keep any hair away from the tank.

I have three dogs that shed like crazy and a open tank. Never had any problem.

I have FW tanks but the principal is the same. I have 5 cats and they walk on the tanks with hoods, I am constantly fishing out the hair. Never had a problem.

I used to worry the fish would choke on hair balls but not that much really gets in.

I used to worry the fish would choke on hair balls but not that much really gets in.

lol never thought of that one! Luckily my kitty doesn't even notice the tank, probably because I have a tiny little puffer and hardly ever see him sometimes. She used to sit and watch the koi in the 55 though, she would just sit there and watch them like it was tv

Back
Top Bottom