DOHHH!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MYTY1705

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I think I did something stupid. I bought a claki clown and clown gobi for my tank today. I already have a perc clown though. Will they be alright together?? If anything I will take the perc back. I like the clarki better, he's anemone trained :D Please advise if they will fight!!!

I've seen Clarki Clowns get pretty aggressive towards other clowns. I would get rid of the Perc if I were you. I had a Clown Goby in my tank for a while, and didn't have a problem with it.

Clown goby wont be an issue - totally different genus.

True perc - will probably have issues as they're both intollerant.

False perc - shouldn't have any worries. False is too chill. Unless of course the clarkii starts beating the crap out of him for unknown reasons I wouldn't worry about it.

I agree no worries with the clown goby. You may have some aggression issues between the perc and clarkii though.

the existing tank mate is a true perc. They will be about the same size if not the clarkii a tad larger. I did find this though

mixing clowns
Hello again Bob. Is it possible to mix different clown species? I have a 55g tank. If so, what species could go together?
<Different species can be mixed... best to leave out the Maroon (Premnas)... but others, especially tank-bred/reared, started small (an inch or so in length) can be kept together... maybe four total in number here, along with other livestock. Bob Fenner>

I'll try it, but still stupid me for making impulse buy.

I knew there would be no problem with the gobi, just sharing the new purchase. I hope all will get along.

The issue isn't really mixing them it's when you mix them. If all added together and relatively the same size you usually won't have any problems. When you try to mix them after that is when you run into problems.

Back
Top Bottom