Dome coral experience needed. Now with pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was at the LFS yesterday looking around minding my own business and checking out corals. They had what they called a green dome coral. It has been there several weeks so I am assuming it is pretty hardy. I think the scientific name is halomitra pileus. I continued browsing and kept looking at it. It is a beautiful coral approx 8" round with 1000's of short tenticles on it that sway in the current. I was assured by the guy there that it was equal in care level to plate corals. He has never told me wrong before so... well I now own it. I have been looking around for info on it but find nothing other than it is rare. I am in the office but will post a pic of it when I get home. Any experience or comments would be appreciated.

from what i could find, is most just place on the sand bed and blast with cyclop-eeze

tentacles are about 1/2 inch long. Coral is about 8" long 6" wide. From the bottom it looks like a helment (hollow in middle).

Back
Top Bottom