dorie and yellow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LFSrbad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
can i have

BlueTang2.jpg

and this one

988_mimic.jpg

in one tank?

60 gallons.

but if i cant why is it the size of the tank or are they just not compatable

If your tank is at least 125g, then I'd say yes. Tangs will spar with each other and other fish regardless of Genus/specie.

Edit: At 60g I wouldn't add either. Both need more swimming and territorial room.

I agree that both are out of the question. Too small of a tank stunts growth and causes health issues.

I have a hippo tang (the blue one) and a yellow tang in a 72 gallon and frankly, I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of the hippo tang because he has gotten so BIG. I bought both of the fish very small and I was told by the lfs that they would be fine together. I would listen to the folks here and seriously reconsider.

How about a nemo?

this type of tang would probobly work (i think not for sure) i forget the name though :)

scopas_tang.jpg

That would be Zebrasoma scopas, Scopas tang and it can reach 15in. in the wild, so say about 10"-12" in aquariums...still too large, just more shy than other tangs.

oh is there another tang that looks similar to that thats smaller? because i know someone who has one like that i think ina 55 gallon and its doing pretty good.

Really minimum tank size for any tang is 70 gallons. You can manage a tang in a smaller aquarium for a certain time period while they are small but it is inhumane once they start to grow even a small amount. Tangs need ample swimming room to be happy and an established tank.

Back
Top Bottom