Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-15-2003, 10:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via Yahoo to kribbz

what do you guys dose your tanks with to help the corals grow. i've tried spectra vital and for the money i'm not really impressed. somepeople have said iodine but i've gotten mixed responses about that so i didn't really want to try that. so what i was wondering was if there was anything besides just normal water changes that could help my corals?

kribbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 10:26 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
I dose kalkwasser nightly and do about 10% tank volume water change per week. The water change replenishes any trace elements that are lacking and adds them in the proper amounts, while temoving the water insures there is no build up of trace elements. I add buffer as needed to maintain ALK, and I haven't had to use any yet

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 10:41 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
good to see ya posting kribbz. I dose with b-ionic and iodide.
Also, fishfreek and reefrunner, love the quick reply. good work.
michealprater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 10:52 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to troutman11111
i dose liq calcium,strontium/molydenum,iodine, coralvite, and my favoite marine snow,dk buffer.
75gal oceanic with 20 gal refugium, 750g.p.h.pump for HSA-250 skimmer, EHEIM-1250 PUMP FOR 200gph mincal. calcium reactor with 20lb co2 tank and co2 regulator with solenoid, 800G.P.H. overflow box pump and filter, aquaclearl 500 power filter for circulation and carbon use only,wave maker 900, 3x300g.p.h., pinpoint ph controller, delta star 1/3hp chiller.with 600g.p.h. pump, spectrapure automatic liquid level controller for the addition of ro.di.top off water, kent marine 4 stage delux maxxima 35g.p.d. hi-s, t.d.s. monitor, flush kit, 170lbs live rock, 5in sand bed, acropora's LG green,pink, and med purple, LG montipora encrusting purple, LG porities coral yellow, LG ruffled ridge coral, LG starburst coral green, green hairy mushrooms 100+, blue mushrooms, red mush, fluorescent green mush,green striped mush, bubble coral, LG finger leather and 2in baby, green ricordia mush, in refugium halimeda plant, caulerpa, and lot's of bug's. 1 purple tang, male and female percular clown's, 1 yellow wrasse
troutman11111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com