Dosing??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pike

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 with 40 lbs of LR. A few fish. 150 snails. few crabs blueleg. Two mushrooms and a toadstool coral.
I started using Seachem REEF BUILDER and am using Seachem REEF CALCIUM.
Are there any fatal errors not to make when mixing other additives like Iron, Mag, Iodine, and any others. Are there any two that should not be used together? If I were to mix all these additives needed in a Reef and put them in a slow drip water cooler thingie, and let it drip to take care of Evap. all while dosing, Would this be wise. Still doing my water changes.
I am only using REEF BUILDER and REEF ADVANTAGE CALCIUM. Is this the same as using Kalkwasser. I guess what I am asking is What is SEACHEM's answer to Kalkwasser? Yeah I know, Use Kalkwasser. But I think I like Seachem, and want to stick to one brand. Also what else should I be adding to my tank. Iron? Iodine? Vitamins?

First things first...WHY are you using additives? The addition of CA may be needed dpending on the types of corals in the tank. From what you listed it is not needed in your tank. Do you know what your current CA level is? Honestly, most reef additives are a huge waste of money. Doing regular water changes is more then enough to keep buffers at the right levels and replenish any depleted trace elements.

I am on the side of Lando as PWC will do all you need for your tank. If you had a lot of corals that diminish your calcium that would be one thing but you dont need it. Where is your calcium at on your tests. Waste your money on fish and corals. :D

Back
Top Bottom