Dosing calcium??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulweck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
since i plan on starting a reef i was wondering if u guys have any good info or any good links on dosing calcium, alk and mag? at this point i dont need to worry about dosing because doing my water changes keep my levels ok. but im sure once i start adding corals down the road things will all change. i wanna be prepared.

so my question really is witch of u guys dose and how do u go about it?

TIA

Im getting ready to start dosing daily with the products in this video. Im going to keep a daily journal of levels after dosing and water changes. What test kits do you recommend?

I also just started dosing and use salifert for the calcium, a hanna checker for the alkalinity and again, salifert for the magnesium.

My next kit for Ca & Alk will be Hanna for sure. Right now I use API for everything except Mg (Elos), Sr & Iodine (Seachem).

Hey is anybody actully using the brs 2 part dosing method? Been using it for a few days. my levels weren't far off from the target parameters before I started. as of tonight are as followed

Ca. 430 ppm
Kh. 9 dkh
Mag. 1120

Now I know brs says to use all of the first gallon of Ca. And alk. So that's all I've been dosing so far. But It will probably take me a month or so to use a hole gallon of each if I'm only dosing .3 ml per gallon of water volume. So I'm dosing 15 milliliters per day and a hole gallon is 3785 ml it would take me 252 days to use the hole gallon. So should I still wait untill its all gone to dose my Mag. solution?

I'm not sure about their recommendations, but I would test & dose accordingly.

I agree with dosing acordingly to my test result but I don't wanna rush it. U know what I mean. I'm trying to fallow brs instructions but waiting 250 some odd days sounds a little out of hand. I think ill call brs tomorrow and ask them.

Back
Top Bottom