Dosing question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will test the water before I put it in and after I use the rest of my instant ocean I will change salt also will a 30g water change be enough I have about 100g in volume counting tank and sump I guess what I'm asking is would that be enough to change my numbers

Just do the math, if you're replacing 30 gallons out of 100 then it becomes pretty easy. Whatever amount you change in that system equates directly into percentages so 30 gallons is 30%.

Ok I tested my salt water that I mixed for my water change and here is the numbers I got salinity 1.025, cal 420, mag 1320 and alk 4 dkh 11.2. Two hours after water change I test my DT and here's my numbers salinity 1.024, cal 390, mag 1280 , and my alk was 3.0/dkh 8.4 I tested it again to make sure and they were the same so ok guys/gal should I do another. 30g water change tomorrow or what do you think. Thank you

I wouldn't be too concerned with those numbers, UNLESS they were much different before the change. Drastic fluctuations are a reef tank's biggest foes. Maintaining 8.4 dkh is fine. It's bouncing from 6 to 8 and back and forth....that kills things.

Back
Top Bottom