Dotty back chasing dimond goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Budaman

Aquarium Advice Regular
I know that the bicolor dotty is a semi aggressive fish and very territorial. Is it safe to add fish after my dotty back has been introduced. I added the diamond goby today, And was chased like crazy by the dotty. The LFS told me that my fish may chase the new tankmate around, but I'm wondering if there is anything I should be worried about? None of the other fish joined in the chase. (2 clowns, 1 bicolor blenny, 1 bicolor dotty back)

a lot of times its just an "hazing" period. it should stop fairly quickly. if the dottyback is persistant and is actually hurting the diamond, try removing the dottyback from the tank for awhile and then re-introducing him. if that doesn't work, try mixing up the décor when the lights are off.

Cool. Thanks what I figured, but given the more aggressive nature of the dotty, I just wanted to make sure. Thank you very much.

np, hope you get it sorted out. im having the same problem with my 2 clowns... apparently my snowflake doesn't like the maroon clown I brought home

Good luck to you as well. I have heard its difficult to keep different clowns in the same tank.

Back
Top Bottom