Dotty backs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LOD

Aquarium Advice Regular
I love this fish I have a 180 salt water tank and I'm building it back up. So how many dotty backs can I keep?

i would say 1
yes 180 is big but if they find each other they will fight to the death

Yes, that's it in a nutshell for dottybacks. There are a couple of exceptions you might consider (and bearing in mind that you may still encounter aggressive individuals that don't behave quite as you would like): Pseudochromis fridmani and P. sankeyi both live in groups rather than pairs or singletons in the wild. Even so, I wouldn't have more than a small group in a tank of that size. You might also consider getting a pair of P. cyanotaenia. I have even kept a pair of one of the larger species (Ogiblyina queenslandiae) in a 100 gallon tank without problems. They bred every couple of weeks ... and terrorised the other fish in the tank.

Good luck.

Tony

IMO. dont get it i kinda hate my dottyback it harasses any new fish introduced to the tank and tries to attack my fire shrimp constantly. I am on the verge of giving it away. i am worried to introduce any new peaceful fish like a mandarin in case the dotty tries to kill it.

Ok sounds a lot like just add 3 our 4 and cross my fingers ... Thanks I will keep you guys up to date....

be prepared for deaths, sorry to be harsh, its just my opinion but i hope it works out for you

Ok sounds a lot like just add 3 our 4 and cross my fingers ... Thanks I will keep you guys up to date....

There is nothing about this that makes sense. i think everyone here just advised you against doing this to your tank and those fish.

Back
Top Bottom