Dottyback compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michealprater

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I was looking at www.saltwaterfish.com and noticed they had some harliquin shrimp. As some of you know I recently lost both of my harliquins due to suspected coral banded shrimp murder. They have these shrimp for 25 dollars each. Which is a good price considering if you get 75 dollars worth of livestock, shipping is free. So when I order all I have to do it get something else 25 dollars with my pair of harliquins. One thing I seen that interested me was a orchid dottyback. I have a neon dottyback in my tank. Do you think if I added the orchid dottyback, would my neon dottyback kill it. My neon is pretty rammy so I need your thoughts. Thanks.

Do you think if I added the orchid dottyback, would my neon dottyback kill it.

Yep. You might be OK if you can trap the neon, before you release the orchid and allow the orchid to settle in for a day or so. IME, (neon dottyback in a 150g aquarium) the neon would relentlessly harass any new fish put in the tank, I shudder to think what it would have done to another dottyback.

Back
Top Bottom