Double Helix Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YELLOWLT1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
First off, this is a Great and very informative website! I have been hanging around for the past year and a half, but now need some help.

I have an 18W CSL Double Helix UV Sterilizer that is around 3 mths old. It no longer lights up, so I took it apart yesterday. The UV bulb looks OK, but I found something loose in the bottom that is some sort of other bulb. It is real small, something like a flashlight bulb. I can not figure out where it goes, or know what is wrong with this sterilizer. Any information that anyone may have will be greatly appreciated. I have searched the web for some kind of repair manual but have not found anything that is helpful.

lmkbubblfsh.gif

to AquariumAdvice.com!!!!

Hmmm, I don't have any experience with the double helix UV serilizers, I would try to contact the place I bought it from and replace it with another brand. CSL went out of business a month or so ago. You might also just see if the UV bulb is firing while you've got it out and apart (make sure not to look directly at the bulb while it's burning!!

Back
Top Bottom