Double Layer Sand Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ACoS

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, i need some suggestions about double layer sand (southdown sand and CC substrate) or should i just go for one layer (CC substrate). What would be the best for my reef tank?

I believe if you mix sand and cc, what you end up with over time is the cc on the top and the sand below.
Sand only, seems to be the preferred substrate (research/opinions on this site) because of possible negatives, over time, on cc if not routinely cleaned.

depends on what ya want to keep in the tank imo !! i mixed cc and sand for my jawfish !! also i have yet to see the cc rise to the top is staying mixed pretty good :) also have worms ect all over they dont seam to care !! one reason i ended up doing this is cause i cured some lr in the tank with just cc and when i was gonna pull out the cc i seen was to many worms pods ect just to pitch it so i just dumped a bag of sd on top mixed it with my hands and worked for me so far :)

Thanks for your suggestions guys, i asked this because i see few people double layering they're tank. Wasnt sure if it was a good idea or bad idea. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom