Downgrading my Fish List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkalfsbeck

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, after thinking about it and seeing opinions on here I'm going to trade in a few of my guys and see how much the NH3 goes down from there and if I'll be able to stock w/ anything else.

The guys I'm keeping:
Leopard Wrasse
Emperor Angel
Blue Jaw Trigger
Harlequin Tusk

The guys I'm trading in:

Yellow Tang
Naso Tang
Fox Face

Hopefully my 0-.25 NH3 will drop and my filter can keep up w/ the current stocking list. If it still doesn't drop guess I'm in trouble then.
Or if it drops to 0 finally any ideas if I should keep the future stock small. Like maybe another leopard wrasse or dwarf angel or a pair of ocellaris clowns maybe? Or if i should only keep the 4 guys in there and nothing else, b/c I know the best way to be stocked is understocked.

What do you guys think of this decision?

Oh yeah BTW I use the Saltwater Test kit in the blue box. It's the drops test. It's pretty close to the same results as the strips test.
T

hanks

I apologize if this was in another post, but what size aquarium do you have?

Regardless, it sounds like you have a good plan in place to bring your NH3 down. Hopefully you will get things stabilized soon. Are you doing some daily/weekly water changes too? That should help things along as well.

tripper

A pair of clowns would be cool, either false or true percs. They don't add very much to the bioload and are a great addition, that is, depending on the size of your aquarium.

Sorry I forgot to add it to this post.

It's 210 gallons.

And I do 1 full rubbermaid water change each friday. It's around 16-18 gallons I think.

And dragonforce I noticed that you turned a power filter into a mini fuge. I was thinking about doing the same thing w/ my emperor 400 filter. Out of curiosity how did you accomplish the sandbed and lighting if you did it that way?

And whatelse did you put in the mini fuge?

How much LR do you have? It helps a ton with water quality.
Your list looks good for your tank otherwise.

I have 180 lbs. of LR. 140 or so lbs. being LR the Rest being base rock that actually has coraline algae and tubeworms, featherdusters and tons of pods on all the rocks.

The LR is actually a mix of fiji and fla. and carribean LR.

Back
Top Bottom