Dr. Tims one and only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with not dumping fish in after adding the product, especially as the TV shows appear to do. With Tim's, they say you can use a fish as the ammonia source, but the ammonia they sell is not expensive and you can't control/dose with a fish. :)

Gregcoyote - the op asked for other people's experiences with the product and I shared mine. That's all. I don't use it because I saw it on some TV show. I'm endorsing it because it works.

Just trying to bring some facts to the table. I have tested it too. And I don't accept everything I read on a vendors web site. I like to read other views as well. Tanked was mentioned as some sort of an example on how to start a marine tank. They aren't IMO. Bacteria in a bottle, or infusion of live rock, I would go with the live rock method and not be in a big hurry. The OP asked for opinions, this is mine.

Last edited:
I had never heard of this product until I saw a video that Mr. Saltwater tank tv put out. Honestly, with his endorsement I am sold on it as a viable product. Which, with my overly skeptical view on just about everything newly released for aquariums is a fairly uncommon thing.

I agree with not dumping fish in after adding the product, especially as the TV shows appear to do. With Tim's, they say you can use a fish as the ammonia source, but the ammonia they sell is not expensive and you can't control/dose with a fish. :)

If you buy one and only.... they will send you the ammonia for free if you ask..... that's what I did and got it with my order for free....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am okay with the whole idea, but implementing requires you to get a bottle with a majority of live nitrifying bacteria. The trick with this stuff is getting any shelf life out of it. The first bottle of it I tested I put under the microscope and found only about 25% viable cells the rest were dead. They say in their advertising they have a method for keeping the cells alive, but that's not what I found in my sample. There is die off in the bottle, the longer the supplier had it on the shelf, the more die off. The concept is solid as a rock, I just think the delivery mechanism could be better. Probably needs to be bought direct from Dr. Tim rather than a middleman supplier that stored it.

Last edited:
That is also how I got mine.... and I will see how well it does....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Day five I think it is of dr tims. I tested last night and am at about .5 ammo and 2.0 nitrite. I think i will have to dose ammo again per the directions. It seems to be moving the nitrite production up in schedule, I never get this much nitrite so quickly.

Must say that this stuff worked very well.... Why haven't I used this before.... I still did keep it on a 2 week cycle with adding ammonia.... But only because I wasn't planning on adding any fish..... But now I have 2 clowns in there and so far all seems great....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom