Dream World (testing times)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geckofrog

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i was thinking last night as I was testing my water, does any company have one diode that you put in the water and gets sent to a LCD screen that messures everything? (no2, no3, calcium, ph, etc.)

Ideally that would be really nice, and save me 30mins a day :)

Anybody wish they had this?

There are pinpoint monitors avaliable, not sure if they have one for everything. I believe they have salinity, pH, temperature, and a few others. They are separate though, and a little pricy.

You test daily? You should be able to establish a average increase/decrease and dose accordingly and test about once or twice a week.

tbonem91 said:
what would be awesome.... if this existed and you could plug it into your PC and have realtime charts, graphs, alerts, etc. :)

these exist. I don't recall the name of the product but it is network capable with a built in web server meaning you can point your computer's web browser to it and it gives you info about your system. And if your home network is set up to, you can even "check in" from home or while away on vacation.

Unfortunately, testing more than Ph, Salinity, Temp, and Conductivity is very expensive to do with an electronic system. There are colorimeters to test some additional parameters (like PO4), but each is custom, expensive, and requires you to put water into a testing vial, making it less than automated.

Back
Top Bottom