Drilling 29 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking to hopefully drill my tank and I just wanted to know what people thought is the best way. Would drilling on the sides be better then through the bottom? The sump will be next to it so that's why I was thinking drilling on the side would be easier but if anyone has pictures or examples of their own or any advice that would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just recently drilled my 30g.. I went through the sides because it was easier to due where my sump is.. Going through the bottom would be just as easy, as long as you don't have a tempered glass bottom.. My thread has a little bit of an example but I'm sure there are better out there

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Most tanks have tempered bottoms these days. I would stick to the side pane, though I've always drilled the rear pane on my tanks. I think keeping the pipes behind and any inlets out of your direct view is the way to go. The only issue with drilling the back is that you'll need to position the tank away from the wall a bit to accommodate for the pvc plumbing.

Back
Top Bottom