Drilling a hole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well no experience, but from what i do understand, you need a drill press of sorts and a diamond tiped bit. My sugestion is to let a LFS, or Glass cutters do the job. :mrgreen:

I was going to drill my tank,but I talked to a lot of people about it. My brother-in- law is a glazier and he works with glass all day long. He said it is a 50/50 chance that the glass won't break. Plus the drill bit cost around 65-70 bucks (unless you use a dremel) . for a few dollars more you can just get a reef ready tank. Even my LFS would not guarantee that the glass wouldn't break.

have heard of people using the dremel with good luck just have to go slow and let the drill do the work and make sure ya have water running on it at all times !! am gonna try it myself here soon but i want to practice on some 10 gallons first heheh $10 loss if anything :)

well i have used my dremal to cut gklass before. and lets say that it really was a 50/50. i taped it all off before i stater so the glass wopuld not go all opver the place it is did crack. dont force the bit in to the glass let it do all the work. and it takes a lot of time to get the holes through. take youre time. that is all i have to say and good luck.

Back
Top Bottom