Dropped a piece of "Turbo-Calcium" on a duncan by accident.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrvincent

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I dropped a piece of "Kent Turbo-Calcium" on my three headed duncan by accident.

On the moment the affected head retracted and realeased a lot of brown jelly. I feel so stupid...

I did this mistake there's 3 days (friday). Now he look like this since two days. :(

566448DSC04734.jpg

Do you think he's dying ? What was this brown jelly ?

You made your duncan mad and it spit out some zoo, most likely. You can still see tentacles, so 9/10 it is fine and isn't dying. Just stop dropping things on it by never working over top your tank with whatever you are trying to accomplish with the calcium supplement.

You made your duncan mad and it spit out some zoo, most likely. You can still see tentacles, so 9/10 it is fine and isn't dying. Just stop dropping things on it by never working over top your tank with whatever you are trying to accomplish with the calcium supplement.

I really learnt from this error, I was going to put the calcium in the HOB skimmer as I usually do without problems but some flakes went into the tank by mistake :(.

Now instead handling thoses products near the aquarium, I prefer to dissolve them in the RODI top-off water reserves.

I'm happy to hear he'll probably survive, it's one of my fav coral :)

You should always dissolve additives in tank water before adding. Never dump in powders They should be completely dissolved prior.

Yo man, you were so right about he was mad... The non affected head is fully open now, and the sick head is half inflated, all tentacles are healty except some bit hat look missing... Or maybe so retracted that I can't see them, I think tomorrow it will be as before I did this mistake. Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom