Drying rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robbiesamp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
IM moving and just want to start over my rocks have the bad anemones on them what ever they are called but was wondering how to get those off all at the same time
Also when I move I want to get the best possible rocksaping as possible with hangovers and drop offs and swimming spots but a lot of coral space can any one give me hints on how to do this thanks

You can dry or bleach the rock. Personally when dealing with the nusciense nems, no method is fool proof, but the bleach is the best. Rinse very well in freshwater after bleaching and realize that the rock will have to be recycled once you eliminated all the micro life. To bleach use about a 10% bleach solution.

As an alternative, you can eliminate these with kalk paste, it takes a lot of time and due diligence to eliminate them, but not really any more than completely restarting and recycling your tank.

As far as building the rock structures, the best method I've found is to drill and connect the rock with acrylic rods. You can purchase acrylic rods as many home supply stores, and if you can't find any, you can actually cut the bottom section out of a plastic coat hanger and use that.

Ok than you I'll have to keep that in mind any one elts would be good

Back
Top Bottom