Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
DT-display fuge-sump setup

My wife has given me her blessing and I am now in the planning stages of a 75gal build. I intend to also have a display fuge with all the bells and whistles tied into the system. My intentions are to run it as follows:
Instead of buying a reef ready tank it is my intention to drill I want to drill the 75 for dual overflows. One overflow will feed to my sump located below the display. The other overflow will feed directly to a 20gal and be a display fuge located approximatly 3'-4' away. The 20gal is already outfitted with a glass-holes super nano w/teeth overflow and a 1/2" return. I figured the DT will overflow through the 1/2" return and then overflow to the sump located below the display. Then all water will return to DT. Is my planning sound? Will this work? Will the 20gal be able to handle the flow as equipped, or should I add a bigger return and overflow to it? the overflow currently installed is rated at 300gph. Any feedback is welcomed. Thanks in advance for everything.

jgraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
U could get ur fuge off on one overflow. Use a wye and run one into fuge and contol it with a ball valve

Jason M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
I ment to say fuge and sump off of one and incase the sump overflow on one clogs u have ur other as a backup because it goes to the sump as well
Jason M is offline   Reply With Quote

setup, sump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com