DT's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was wondering if anyone else has used the DT's live phytoplankton, we went to a LFS that we have some credit at and asked him if he carried it, his reply was "It's no good, green water, no good". We've used a small bottle of it before and the corals didn't seem to have any bad effects from it, infact the opposite, the leather loved it and the zoo's seemed to perk up also. Was just wondering if anyone else has used it or any other phytoplankton product.

TIA

I use Instant Ocean. It's not live but it's extremely concentrated. Most corals can't eat it directly but they eat the bugs that eat it. Dosing phytoplankton needs to be ramped up slowly to match the increase in bug populations. Starting off with a full dose can lead to a lot of trouble.

I'm not convinced DTs is still selling a live product.

i use it but very little mabe every other week !! i dont see any diff using it or not using it as far as pods go !! was curious and was gonna look at it under a microscope and see havnt yet due to i really dont know what i'd be looking at anyway so whats the point i guess huh ?!?!? i know it will help a hair algae break out for sure imo :)

I bought DT's Live Phytoplankton and Knop's Koralvite F from reading the clam forum. Wanted to make sure my clams had every kicking chance this time around. Comments on the clam forum stated that Koralvite F produced better results. So I tried DT's on Wed and didn't see any real feeding signs. Today I added the Koralvite F and the clams stayed open, leathers extended their polyps.

Back
Top Bottom