Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-07-2005, 08:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

dual question

have 2 questions for yall,
1st, any ideas why my gsp would be turning brownish, and not extending a lot. I have mushies, and button polyps that are fine, and the water levels are good. I add DTs photoplaynkton every other day, which helped the others, but not the stars....tia

also, i just added a coral banded shrimp to my tank....he was fine the first two days, but havn't seen him since. could he be molting, or should i assume the worst...tia

Old 01-07-2005, 08:53 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
What lighting do you have on your tank? Also what are your tank parameters? Coral can brown out due to lack of lighting, poor water quality, low water flow...etc. We really need a bit more info to help you determine the problem.

The CBS could be molting. After a molt their new shell is soft for a few days making them vulnerable so they will ususally hide until it hardens up.

Old 01-07-2005, 09:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

phosphates,ammonia, nitrites all zero, nitrates low...calcium and pH fine. Orbit PC's, all other corals are fine, would flow be a big concern with star polyps, because they are blocked from any real flow, just general water movement. should i try moving them? thanks
Old 01-08-2005, 11:33 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Bang Guy
GSP do best with a medium chaotic flow in my experience. They don't seem to do well in low flow areas.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:50 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The CBS could be hiding.... I've had one and he explored for a while... and then he would sit on the back of the rock during the day and come out at night.... not much fun in my experience...... look for him at night...

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com