Dual Satellite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm interested in this lighting also. Is it well made? Will it be enough to keep some corals? Anenomes?

all of the pictures of it online aren't very good. they only show the top. you can't really see anything.

I've got a dual satellite 4x65W and it works outstandingly well. It could use more moonlights (only has 2) but it produces nice bright light and my corals and anemones are doing wonderful. They are always open and growing like mad. I would also get the legs (sold separately ofcoarse) that raise it up off the tank a bit. They make it easier to access the tank and the plexiglass cover over the bulbs doesn't get as much salt buildup from the water surface agitation.

I recommend it.....my only reget is I couldn't afford the 4x96w model :roll:

I would stick with the Coralife if you could. They have a way better warranty and actually stock parts for repair. CUrrent USA is a little harder to deal with. I sell them both and have less reported problems with the Coralife. Actually only 2 this year. One i sold to a member and the ballast went out; coralife sent him a new one. The second was the other day a light i had would not light. Coralife is taking care of that as well. I have sold eaisly 250 coralife hoods this year with great feedback.

I recommend it.....my only reget is I couldn't afford the 4x96w model

I have that model. I've just started to add soft corals so we'll see what happens. In my case, the width of the light 12" was too wide to fit on my tank because of interference from the HOB fuge and skimmer. So I had to make my own supports that put the light a few inches higher than the stock legs. Just something to think about :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom