Duncan coral care...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just picked up a nice piece. Do I need to feed this or do they get what they need from the water column?

I picked one up a while back that only had like 3 heads on it and was finally able to target feed it and once I did that it finally started putting out more heads.
I target feed it Mysis and homemade fish meaty food as well but not to often.

Mysis shrimp or coral smoothie , mine is growing pretty fast !! These are really cool corals !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I feed mine once every other week. It grows like crazy. They don't need it though but it's fun to watch them eat and it is a pig

Flaxon,
Duncans are great, easy coral to care for. With proper lighting, you don't need to feed them...though it is really cool to watch. I never feed mine. I have 2 different color variations side by side and don't feed them on purpose, though they sometimes get lucky when I broadcast feed my tank, and they grow like weeds. In a year I went from 2 heads on the one to...I think it is around 50 last I counted.

The difference is if you feed them they will grow faster , you don't have to feed them but a little snack is always good right ?

They will grow decently if you don't target feed. All they need is good lighting and the water column to grow.

Back
Top Bottom