Duncan Coral Quick Question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
My duncans is sprouting more and more heads. I took this pic while it was eating. How long will it take to form it's hard green tube so I can start fragging it?
wall5g.jpg

Varies with tanks. Mine started like that, but became bushy rather than branching. Is pretty common from my experience and reading.

I figured since the main Duncan has a hard green tube, these would develop as well.

My duncans is sprouting more and more heads. I took this pic while it was eating. How long will it take to form it's hard green tube so I can start fragging it?
I'm not sure how long mine took to form its exoskeleton but it started out with 3 heads or so and now has about 30+ and it's around 3 years old.

I'm not sure how long mine took to form its exoskeleton but it started out with 3 heads or so and now has about 30+ and it's around 3 years old.
Do you have a pick? I have a Duncan with 5 heads an it's pretty nice. Do Duncans come in different colors? I want to add another to the same rock and hopefully they'll end up growing into a nice piece.

They do actually. I have a green/green one with more heads than I bother to count now and a newer one I ordered that is purple/green.

And some info from LA about them turning bushy over time:
Native to the deeper waters of Western and Northern Australia and the South China Sea, Duncanopsammia Coral prefers to attach to solid objects in soft, sandy areas. Here, they readily propagate and often form a continuous mat of tentacles that conceal the overall shape of the underlying colony. In the home aquarium, place in low current areas with low to moderate light.

Duncan are super easy and one of my favorite Lps. Pretty fast growing as well. Just seams like yesterday I got my first Duncan with 2 heads and now it has more than I can count. Was around 50 many months ago. Hard to believe it've had it for a year to replace the one from my first tank I accidentally nuked when I hooked up my radions. >.>

Back
Top Bottom