Duncans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sniperhank

Giant Clam Addict
Well, since starting up my tank in November I have really taken to duncans. Not only because it is one of the few things I have been able to keep alive, but feeding them and watching them grow. I found my camera today and thought I'd take a picture of them to share. Still might be a tad hard to see, but I have two different duncans, my oldest in the back with 3 heads and growing 4 more. The front has two heads.

img_1801765_0_d5fb9933d4baeed1d1f8bccc5ac7376d.jpg

Nice I love my Duncan as well I got him about a week ago and fed him two times it's amazing to watch.

I think Duncan's should be championed amongst LPS. I've always found them super hardy, really fast growers and I also think they are the easiest coral, bar none in my experience to feed. Always eager for food and no messing about trying to tempt feeder tentacles out like a lobophyllia for instance. I feed mine every other day as I do my fish and they sprout new heads every month. Fascinating to see a single head bud 5 or 6 new heads from its base to say the least!

Great coral.

I get few new heads every week mine has bout 70 heads tho love my Duncan's

Bout a year I guess can really see where one head starts and the over finish now really crowed together

I feed mine mysis every other day. I use reef crystals so no need to dose calcium. That has produced alot of growth off of my older duncan. Im sure the other will follow a similar path now that it has settled into my tank. Just started feeding it last week.

Nice nice. I'm using reef crystals right now my Local reef place sells them for $40 a bucket so I grabbed a couple to get me going.

I use red sea coral pro and my calcium always 500 and I feed mysis 2 a week

Back
Top Bottom